We’ve wondered about the “Walnut Place” building at 312 Walnut St. for over a decade, confused about how a lovely building in a desirable location could sit vacant, with (almost definitely lead) paint peeling off its historic-looking window frames. Now, according to an article from the Philadelphia Business Journal, this building will soon come back into use for the first time in over fifteen years.
Six stories high
According to some thoroughly researched marketing materials, this building was originally constructed in 1926, for use as an office building. The interior square footage is about 68,460 sqft, which includes two basement levels. In addition, a 34-car parking lot is located behind the building.
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia purchased the building in 1996, and had unfulfilled plans to turn it into…